Public Policing and Private Security Workshop: A European Network
This initiative is sponsored by the White Rose Consortium and is overseen by a steering committee including: Professor Adam Crawford (Chair, University of Leeds); Professor John Flint (Sheffield University); Dr Alexandra Hall (University of York); Professor Alice Hills (University of Leeds); Stuart Lister (University of Leeds); Dr Alpa Parmar (University of Leeds); and Dr Adam White (University of York).
The aim of the workshop is to generate European academic exchange and to provide the inaugural meeting of a European research network to promote and pursue comparative research in the field of public policing and private security. The workshop and network will include people from different disciplines and from academic and non-academic institutions. Themes include:
- the regulation of private security,
- the (inter-)relationship between public and private security endeavours,
- different geographical and social cultures of security in Europe, and citizens' experiences of policing and security,
- the use of data within and across networks of security governance,
- the changing nature of security and policing in times of austerity
- the growing reliance on private security for the governance of (quasi-)public space.
School of Law
The Liberty Building
University of Leeds
The Liberty Building is no 16 on the campus map.
There is limited car-parking available on campus at a charge of £5.00.
Parking spaces are available on campus for blue badge holders. Please contact 0113 343 5491 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further details