Disability and EU Non-Discrimination Law
This seminar critically assesses EU law as regards the rights of persons with disabilities.
Three papers will address this topic focussing on different areas.
- Accessibility and Non-Discrimination in EU Disability
Transport Policy: Travelling in the Rights Direction?
- Bryan Matthews and Anna Lawson (University of Leeds)
- Disability and the Regulation of Information and
Communication Technologies in the European Union
- Dr Eliza Varney (Keele University)
- The disorganised nature of European Disability: Rethinking
protection for HIV positive individuals
- Peter McTigue (Nottingham Trent University)
For further information or to register a place, please contact Andrea Gideon at firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Law
University of Leeds
The Liberty Building is number 16 on the campus map, and is situated on the corner of Moorland Road and Belle Vue Road on the Western Campus of the University of Leeds. It is situated behind the Maurice Keyworth Building (Business School).
From Leeds train station, it is a 30 minute walk or you can take a taxi for around £5.00. Alternatively, the number 56 bus runs from Albion Street via Woodhouse Lane (A660) and stops on Moorland Road. These run every 10 minutes.
If travelling by car, there is a visitors' car park at the south end of the University campus or there is limited four-hour street parking on Belle Vue Road immediately behind the Liberty Building.