Cross-Border Litigation in Europe
This is a free event but registration is required in advance.
The “Cross-Border Litigation in Europe” conference is organised by the Centre for Business Law and Practice, University of Leeds, and the Centre for Private International Law, the University of Aberdeen. The conference is being held within the framework of a research project which is funded by the European Commission Civil Justice Programme.
The event will take place in the London School of Economics (New Academic Building, Lincoln’s Inn Field) on Thursday 16th June and Friday 17th June 2016.
The research study aims to consider whether the Member States' courts and the CJEU can appropriately deal with the cross-border issues arising under the current EU Civil Justice framework.
The project, which is coordinated by Professor Paul Beaumont from the University of Aberdeen, involves
- Dr Mihail Danov from the University of Leeds (UK)
- Prof. Dr. Stefania Bariatti from the University of Milan (Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Jan von Hein from the University of Freiburg (Germany)
- Prof. Dr. Carmen Otero from Complutense University of Madrid (Spain)
- Prof. Dr. Thalia Kruger from the University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- Dr Agnieszka Frckowiak-Adamska from the University of Wroclaw (Poland).
New Academic Building
Lincoln's Inn Field
London School of Economics