GREAT Scholarship opportunity
For 2016, the School of Law is offering a scholarship of £5000 to Indian students applying for taught postgraduate study on any of our Masters programmes.
The scholarship is co-funded by the British Council GREAT Scholarship Scheme, which is designed to support students from India who wish to pursue their academic ambition in the UK.
To be eligible for a GREAT scholarship, you must meet the following entry criteria:
- You must be an Indian national or permanently domiciled in India, and be classified as an international student for tuition fee purposes.
- You must hold an offer of a place to study and begin your postgraduate taught Masters programme in September 2016.
- You must have achieved a first class law degree from an Indian university
To apply for a GREAT Scholarship, you must submit a statement of 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date, which should address the following:
- Why you chose to study this particular programme at Leeds, and what skills and attributes you hope to develop during your study here.
- How you anticipate the completion of your degree, as a GREAT Scholar, will benefit the community to which you hope to contribute.
Because the scholarships are joint awards with the British Council, the School will be required to submit the details of the scholarship winners to the British Council. The details that they will require are: your full name and contact details in India, evidence of enrolment and a copy of the scholarship letter that you received confirming your award. In accepting the offer of this scholarship you agree for us to submit these details to the British Council.
Closing date - 15 July 2016