Dr Francis Okanigbuan
I have been a Research Fellow in the Law School’s Centre for Business Law and Practice since October 2016. I obtained a PhD at the University of Manchester, where I was previously a Teaching Assistant (Company Law). I was also an Associate Lecturer at the Faculty of Business and Law, Manchester Metropolitan University.
I am currently working with Professor Joan Loughrey and Professor Andrew Keay on the project; 'Business Judgment and the Courts'.
My research interests are in the areas of Corporate and Commercial Law, particularly;
- Company Law
- Corporate Governance
- Sale of Goods Law (Carriage of Goods by Sea)
- Comparative Law
Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr ‘Institutions and Board Effectiveness: Any link?’ In F Ngwu, O Osuji, C Ogbechie and D Williamson, (eds) Enhancing Board Effectiveness – Institutional, Regulatory and Functional Perspectives for Developing and Emerging Markets. Forthcoming - 2018 (Routledge-Taylor and Francis).
- Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr, ‘Carriers’ Liability in Contracts for the Carriage of Goods by Sea: Is there a Justification for the Hamburg and Rotterdam Rules? (2016) 37/6 Business Law Review 222-230.
- Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr, ‘Revisiting the Separability Doctrine and Parties’ Rights to Litigation in Commercial Transactions’ International Company and Commercial Law Review (Sweet & Maxwell) 26/8 (2015) 255-259.
- Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr, ‘Employment Protection and Shareholder Interests: The Role of Managements in Corporate Takeovers’ Journal of Academy for Advancement of Business Research (Institute of Strategic and International Studies, Florida USA) 4/1 (2015) 99-105.
- Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr, ‘Corporate Takeovers and Shareholder Protection: UK Takeover Regulation in Perspective’ Manchester Review of Law Crime and Ethics 2 (2013) 268-297.
Okanigbuan, F. A. Jnr, Corporate Takeover, Management Discipline and the Law. (Routledge-Taylor and Francis) Summer 2019
Media Contact Areas
- Corporate Law (Takeovers, directors duties)
- Comparative Law