Second European Conference on Multidimensional Equality Law: Panels and Abstracts
Plenary Panel 1: Discrimination Law and Intersectionality - a new focus?
Abstracts (PDF, 149KB)
- Professor Theresia Degener, Protestant University of Applied Sciences Bochum, Germany
Intersections Between Disability, Race and Gender in Discrimination Law.
- Dr. Iyiola Solanke, University of East Anglia, UK
Size and the Black Woman
- Dr. Suzanne B. Goldberg, Clinical Professor of Law, Columbia Law School, USA
Categorical Instability: Identity-Based Discrimination and the Barriers to Complexity
Parallel Panel A: Comparative Perspectives on Multiple Discrimination and Intersectionality
Abstracts (PDF, 64KB)
- Dr. Ayse Idil Aybars, Middle Eastern Technical University, Turkey
Europeanisation and Women with disabilities in Turkey and France
- Stephanie Fehr, University of Leeds, UK
Multidimensional Discrimination in relation to Sex, Race and Religion: The Case of female Muslims in France and Germany
- Dr. Snjezana Vasljevic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Intersectional Discrimination: Western European vs. Eastern European Approach
Parallel Panel B: Conceptual Geographies: Clarifying the Boundaries of Intersectional Terms
Abstracts (PDF, 65KB)
- Linda Supik, University of Frankfurt a M, Germany
How to work exactly with fuzzy concepts? - On the fuzziness of discriminatory grounds, dimensions of social structure and positions of identity
- Dr. Ulrike M. Vieten, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tackling the conceptual order of multiple discriminations: Some critical considerations concerning the use of ethnicity and 'race' as interchangeable social categories
Parallel Panel C: Combating Discriminations at the Intersections of Disability, Ethnicity and Gender
Abstracts (PDF, 59KB)
- Dr. Susanne Burri, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands
Multiple Discrimination before Equality Bodies and Courts: the Dutch experience
- Stergios Kofinis, Aristotle University Thesssaloniki, Greece
The Status of Muslim Minority Women in Greece: Second class European citizens?
Plenary Panel 2: Practical and Sectoral Perspectives
Abstracts (PDF, 158KB)
- Professor Eleonore Kofman and Dr. Erica Howard Middlesex University, UK; Dr. Isabelle Carles, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Different Gendered Experiences of Racial Discrimination.
The speakers are engaged with "GENDERACE", a FP 7 funded project on the impact of racial discrimination legislation on women.
- Dr. Kristina Koldinska, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Roma Women in Selected Eastern European Countries: What form of development of EC law may help?
- Dr. Lynn Roseberry, Associate Professor, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
The Assimilationist Anti-discrimination Paradigm and Immigrant Women
Second European Conference on Multidimensional Equality Law
23 March 2009
9.15 am - 5.45 pm
University of Leeds
First European Conference on Multidimensional Equality Law: Developing Interdisciplinary Perspectives
The first conference was held in Germany in 2007. To find out more about the conference, its proceedings and download the abstracts, please visit First European Conference on Multidimensional Equality Law.