Current Research Students
A to Z by Surname
- Ana Laura Aiello. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2014.
Institutionalised and deinstitutionalised intellectually disabled persons in Europe
- Nasser H. Al-Khalifa. Planned Submission Date: 31 December 2010.
Multinational enterprises (corporations) and their human rights obligations towards their host countries
- Ali Al Madawi. Planned Submission Date: 29 November 2011.
Banking regulation and the reputation of International Financial Centres
- Razan Alben-Ali. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2013.
Compulsory pre-marital screening in Kuwait
- Khalifa A Alfadhel. Planned Submission Date: 31 October 2013.
Conceptual Problems in the Application of the Democratic Norm in International Law to the Political Societies of the Arab World
- Hamdan Darwish G Alghamdi. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2010.
The Effect of Public Policy on the Enforcement of International Arbitration Award: A Comparative Study of England and Saudi Arabia
- Suhail Almerdas. Planned Submission Date: 31 May 2013.
Saudi Legal Response to Cybercrime on the National and International Levels
- Abdullah Aloraini. Planned Submission Date: 31 August 2013.
A Critical Analysis of the Saudi Arabian Law relating to Disclosure as part of Corporate Governance in the light of UK Position
- Saad Saeed Alotaibi. Planned Submission Date: 01 February 2011.
The Saudi arbitration law and its compatibility with English law
- Noura Aloumi. Planned Submission Date: 31 March 2012.
Suspects: Rights and Police Malpractice in the Pre-trial Process of the Kuwait Criminal Justice System
- Bader A. Alrajhi. Planned Submission Date: 30 April 2014.
Terrorism and the law of Kuwait: local responses to universal threats and international demands
- Abdulmalik M Altamimi. Planned Submission Date: 31 October 2015.
The challenge of enforcing the rulings of the WTO Dispute Settlement Body, by ensuring prompt compliance and timely implementation in high profile cases
- Isaac Lartey Annan. Planned Submission Date: 31 December 2012.
Implementing the Right to Development in Ghana: Obligation of international co-operation in international law
- Zainal Ayub. Planned Submission Date: 29 February 2012.
Digital Evidence in Crimes: A Study on the Search and Seizure Procedure in Malaysia
- Chu Van Dung. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2016.
The Investigation of Transnational Crime in Vietnam: with reference to the England and Wales, and the European Union
- Mike Cooper. Planned Submission Date: 28 February 2013.
Why Burglars Burgle: Offenders' Motives and Decision Making
- Mr Tat Dung Dang. Planned Submission Date: 15 August 2016.
The Participation of the Civil Society Organisation in the Legislative Process in Vietnam with Lessons from the United Kingdom
- Ben Ellis. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2013.
Being Feared: Micro dynamics of fear and insecurity in global city spaces
- Paul Emong. Planned Submission Date: 31 October 2010.
An investigation into the realisation of human rights for disabled people in higher education in Uganda through disability legislation
- Alicia A Epstein. Planned Submission Date: 01 February 2015.
The European Approach to Sustainable Food Security: Is the Law Keeping us Secure?
- Andrea Gideon. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2012.
European Higher Education Institutions under EU Law constraints
- Cheng Soon Goh. Planned Submission Date: 28 November 2010.
Regulation and Integration of the Practice of Traditional Medicine in Malaysia
- Liliana Soto Gomez. Planned Submission Date: 01 August 2014.
Biobanking: An ethical/legal proposal for Mexico
- Rick Graham. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2013.
Jury interpretation of DNA evidence presented in court
- Khadijeh Hamidian. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2012.
Intellectual property and human rights
- Kathy Hampson. Planned Submission Date: 31 December 2011.
Young offenders and emotional intelligence
- Jeremy M. Harmer. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2013.
Is Internet Privacy Doomed? An international, comparative study.
- Ella Holdsworth. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2015.
Women’s experiences of electronic monitoring
- Tim Hydes. Submission date not yet agreed.
A study of police interactions with mentally disordered detainees.
- Leyla Jackson. Submission date not yet agreed.
Investigating the recognition of Islamic marriage in Anglo-Welsh law
- Lee Johnson. Submission date not yet agreed.
Understanding assaults on police officers - An ethnography of violence against police officers
- Argyro Karanasiou. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2012.
Traditional freedom of speech at a turning point: Freedom of online speech and regulation keeping the balance between protection, abuse and censorship in a transnational environment
- Miss Shuang Liang. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2012.
Protecting foreign investors in Chinese PFIPs: the case for international standards
- Pilar Milla Marin. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2013.
Access to Compensatory Justice in Antitrust Private Litigation
- Jule Mulder. Planned Submission Date: 31 December 2012.
EU Non-discrimination Law in the Courts: a multilayered comparison of juridical approaches to (in)direct sex and sexualities discrimination in EU law and its implementation in Germany and the Netherlands
- Ms Moa Näsström. Planned Submission Date: 01 September 2014.
Farm animal welfare through food quality
- Sylvia Ntube Ngane. Planned Submission Date: 30 August 2011.
The position of witnesses before the International Criminal Court (ICC)
- Adekemi Omotubora. Planned Submission Date: 01 July 2014.
Electronic Payments, Electronic Commerce and Development: A Comparative Study of the Legal Frameworks for Security and Privacy in Electronic Payment Systems in Nigeria and the UK
- Jompon Pitaksantayothin. Planned Submission Date: 01 December 2011.
Regulating Sexually Explicit Content on the Internet : towards the reformation of the Thai regulatory approach
- Michael Randall. Planned Submission Date: 30 September 2016.
Adoption of the Financial Transaction Tax Through Differentiated Integration
- Jessica Read. Planned Submission Date: 01 January 2015.
The resettlement experience of older prisoners
- Kaniz I Sattar-Shafiq. Planned Submission Date: 30 March 2012.
The law on terrorism and the British Muslim Kashmiri communities
- Mr Joshua Skoczylis. Planned Submission Date: 01 September 2012.
The local prevention of terrorism in strategy and practice: ‘Contest’ a new era in the fight against terrorism
- Emmanuel Oluwasina Sotande. Planned Submission Date: 01 August 2014.
Development of Good Governance and Rule of Law between Regional Pressures and International Regime: Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering Laws in Nigeria
- David Thompson. Planned Submission Date: 31 December 2013.
Assessing the impact of circles of support and accountability on the reintegration of those convicted of sexual offences into the community
- Peter Traynor. Planned Submission Date: 01 June 2013.
Pathways into and out of knife use: young people’s motivations, rationales and experiences of carrying/using knives.
- Van Ngoc Vu. Planned Submission Date: 28 February 2012.
Reforming company law relating to directors duties and responsibilities in Vietnam
- Ms Pippa Wilding. Submission date not yet agreed.
To regulate or not to regulate? A critical evaluation into the regulation of agricultural land use in relation to conservation and biodiversity and the need for reform.
- George Wilson. Planned Submission Date: 01 October 2015.
The Future of Europe's Social Model: Can a Union-wide Minimum Wage Promote Closer Integration?
- John Wood. Planned Submission Date: 28 February 2013.
The Emergency of a Corporate Rescue Culture: a critical analysis of theory and policy - has it been successful'?
PhD in Law
If you're interested in studying for a research degree in the School of Law, visit our Research Degrees page.